Below are some of the constituent services available to Cook County residents (click on the link to be connected with the corresponding website). Feel free to reach out if there is anything else we can help with. Fill out our contact form to get in touch or see our contact info at the bottom of the page. We hope you can take advantage of these resources.
- Cook County Assessor – appeal your property assessment and apply for exemptions
- Cook County Treasurer – view and pay your property tax bill.
- Important Dates below
- Cook County Board of Review – appeal your property tax bill.
- Cook County Forest Preserve – find a location and event nearest you to enjoy the natural beauty of North Cook County and throughout.
- Cook County Health and Hospitals System – review services and locations available
- Cook County Sheriff – review departments including Mental Health Policy & Advocacy and programs like Prescription Drug Take Back. See below for locations in the district 15 area.
- SYMBRIA Rx Services
- 350 W. SCHAUMBURG RD, STE PWD, SCHAUMBURG, IL 60194
- Walgreens, Hanover Park
- 7350 BARRINGTON RD, HANOVER PARK, IL 60133
- Walgreens, Mt. Prospect
- 1028 ELMHURST RD, MT PROSPECT, IL 60056
- SYMBRIA Rx Services
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds – register for their fraud alert program
- Cook County State’s Attoney – Learn about their Law Enforcement Accountability Division (LEAD). Residents can report police misconduct using the Police Criminal Misconduct Complaint Form.
- Cook County Public Defenders Office – Get help if someone’s been arrested within Cook County
- Cook County Housing Authority – discover the beWell resource guide
- Cook County Government – watch board meetings and explore more resident services
- Cook County Animal & Rabies Control – Low cost rabies clinics and microchip clinics
- Cook County Department of Environment and Sustainability – improve the energy efficiency of your home and save money on your utility bills
Virtual Town Halls and Livestreamed Discussions:
Town Hall 1
Name: COVID-19 Virtual Town Hall
Description: Live Facebook Town Hall to discuss the COVID-19 response + resources
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: State Rep. Michelle Mussman
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/2VppIC1
Date: April 24th, 2020
Town Hall 2
Name: Census Virtual Town Hall
Description: Receive an update on 2020 Census self-response rates in the Northwest Suburbs as well as changes to Census outreach in response to COVID-19. Discussion from two community partners on how the Census impacts local communities, non-profits, and more.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Village of Hanover Park Clerk Eira Corral Sepulveda, Age Options, City of Elgin – Municipal Government Complete Count Committee
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/35vZLnD
Date: May 8th, 2020
Town Hall 3
Name: Mental Health Awareness Month Live Town Hall
Description: FB Live Town Hall discussing how viewers can prioritize their mental well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: NAMI Illinois, Kenneth Young Center, Schaumburg Township Mental Health Committee.
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/2AdWeig
Date: May 13th, 2020
Town Hall 4
Name: COVID-19 Discussion About Township Response
Description: Updates on actions taken by Cook County as well as Elk Grove, Hanover, and Schaumburg Townships in response to COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of residents. Discussed resources available to individuals, families, businesses, and communities that have been impacted by COVID-19 food support, mental health resources, and small business loan programs.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Elk Grove Township Supervisor Mike Sweeney, Hanover Township Supervisor Brian McGuire, and Schaumburg Township Supervisor Tim Heneghan
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/3dWUjNB
Date: May 22nd, 2020
Town Hall 5
Name: Live Virtual Discussion on Supporting Survivors
Description: Discussion on supporting survivors of domestic violence and child abuse during the COVID-19 pandemic. Discussed how domestic violence and child abuse service providers have adjusted during the COVID-19 pandemic to serve their clients and community while they stay at home.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: WINGS Program, Inc., Life Span, and Children’s Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/2TFLKza
Date: May 29th, 2020
Town Hall 6
Name: Live Virtual Discussion on Celebrating PRIDE Month
Description: Discussion on celebrating 2020 Pride Month while following public health guidance.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Pinta Pride Project, Equality Illinois, and LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/3gLn3uU
Date: June 5th, 2020
Town Hall 7
Name: Ending Homelessness Virtual Discussion
Description: Discussed how providers serving those experiencing homelessness have adjusted during the COVID-19 pandemic to keep clients, staff, and volunteers safe, and how viewers can help and support their work to end homelessness.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County, JOURNEYS The Road Home, and Northwest Compass, Inc.
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/30mue7m
Date: June 12th, 2020
Town Hall 8
Name: Nature in the Northwest Suburbs (Day 1 of Virtual Outdoors Week)
Description: Take a virtual hike, then watch a discussion and Q&A about the flora and fauna in our region as part of Virtual Outdoors Week.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: John McCabe with Forest Preserves of Cook County, Benjamin Cox with Friends of the Forest Preserves.
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/3cM4u6E
Date: June 15th, 2020
Town Hall 9
Name: Bringing the Zoo to You with Brookfield Zoo (Day 2 of Virtual Outdoors Week)
Description: Live animal encounter with Brookfield Zoo. Shared games, activities, and crafts as part of Virtual Outdoors Week.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Brookfield Zoo CEO Stuart Strahl, Animal Keepers for Quilbert the Porcupine and Casper the Ball Python as well as Quilbert and Casper themselves.
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/BringingTheZoo
Date: June 16th, 2020
Town Hall 10
Name: Budburst Live: The Stories that Plants Tell (Day 3 of Virtual Outdoors Week)
Description: Showed a live discussion on Budburst: the Stories that Plants Tell. How to assist with collecting data for plant research, then a Q&A with a plant expert as part of Virtual Outdoors Week.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Taran Lichtenberger and Dr. Kay Havens from Chicago Botanic Garden and their Budburst community research project.
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/Budburst
Date: June 17th, 2020
Town Hall 11
Name: Smart Cycling Tips (Day 5 of Virtual Outdoors Week)
Description: Discussed how to keep everyone safe during a live discussion with cycling advocates including tips on how to do an ABC quick check, using gears, and how to ride safely as a group.
Participants with Commissioner Kevin Morrison: Dave Simmons and Mike Cavallini, Friends of Cycling in Elk Grove.
Video Recording Link: https://bit.ly/FriendsofCyclingLive
Date: June 19th, 2020