Environmental Resource Fair
September 26 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Bring the family for some fun and to learn how to protect the environment.
A variety of vendors will be available to help you learn how to make your community greener, cleaner, and more sustainable. Free community event. Open to all.
We have incredible partners to help make this a fun and educational event for the whole family.
Thank you to our co-sponsors: Cook County Department of Environment and Sustainability, MWRD Commissioner Eira Corral Sepúlveda, Poplar Creek Library District, and Streamwood Park District, Citizens Utility Board, Illinois Environmental Council, Schaumburg Monarch Initiative, Trickster Cultural Center, Cook County MEDS Disposal Initiative, Chicago Botanic Garden, and Elevate Energy.
The fair will be held in the Poplar Creek Library if there is inclement weather.
Events and activities will include:
- Chicago Botanic Garden: Provide “Budburst” buddy packet for kids
- Citizens Utility Board: Provide information on energy efficiency, community solar, financial assistance, and free services
- Cook County Department of Environment and Sustainability: Provide a Conserve Cook County pledge form, information on sustainability, and giveaways
- Cook County MEDS Disposal Initiative: Provide giveaway items including crayon boxes and flashlights for kids
- Elevate Energy: Provide information on energy efficiency and assessing your energy needs
- Illinois Environmental Council: Provide fun activities and environmentally-related drawing for kids
- MWRD: Provide compost bags and oak saplings and raffle off rain barrels
- Schaumburg Monarch Initiative: Provide milkweed seeds and monarch and pollinator literature
- Trickster Cultural Center: Provide information on Native American cultural connections to nature and family-friendly crafts
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!