Roads and Zoning

Please find information below on Cook County’s Department of Transportation and Highways and Department of Building and Zoning. If you need further assistance, please reach out to Commissioner Morrison’s office at (847) 519-7674 or

Services include:

  • Pavement patching
  • Mowing
  • Tree branch trimming
  • Snow and ice control

The 24-hour-a-day number to call to report a road or highway problem is (312) 603-1530.

Services include:

  • Apply for a building permit on-line or zoning approval
  • Find out about permit requirements
  • Establish or renew contractor registration
  • Apply for a business certificate of occupancy
  • Register a multi-unit dwelling or residential rental building
  • Respond to a violation on your property

Sign up for our newsletter: