Now that we’ve reached Phase 5 reopening guidance, my district office in Schaumburg will re-open to the public.
This reopening is a testament to us all supporting each other and taking public health guidance seriously. As long as we keep using all the tools listed below and following the advice from our public health professionals, we will keep making progress:
- Vaccinations are safe, free, and effective. If you haven’t yet, schedule an appointment or walk in to any Cook County vaccination site by visiting vaccine.cookcountyil.gov.
- Continue to wear a mask as recommended by the CDC and local public health departments.
- Be aware of your distance from others. Keeping a six foot distance, especially indoors, is a good practice to maintain.
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds. This best practice is always helpful at preventing illnesses, including COVID-19.
- If you feel sick, stay home and seek medical care as soon as possible.
My staff and I are thrilled to be back in the office together and remain committed to operating a productive, effective, and responsive office, just as we strived to do during the pandemic.
It has been a tumultuous 15 months, and I want to thank our local, state, and federal partners for staying in close communication, as well as our essential workers for risking so much to keep our communities safe and healthy.
I am looking forward to offering more in-person events and hope to see you soon! To stay connected, make sure you are signed up for my newsletter and follow me on social media at Commissioner Kevin B Morrison on Facebook, @KBMorrison15 on Twitter, and @commissionerkmorrison on Instagram.
As always, reach out to the district office if you have any questions at (847) 519-7674 or email District15@cookcountyil.gov.